3rd: Madridejos’ Isda Festival
The Isda Festival of Madridejos placed third among 31 contingents in this year’s Pasigarbo sa Sugbo Festival of Festivals. Their ritual performed at the stage set up at the CICC grounds last night featured a large fishing boat complete with fishing nets and sea creatures like stingrays and puffer fish. The Isda Festival celebrates Madridejos as the “Alaska of the Philippines” because of the abundances of its marine resources. It’s a step down for Madridejos this year as in 2011, the Isda Festival placed second.
The top 12 in the ritual showdown: Top 5 in street dancing:
1. Liloan-Rosquillos Festival 1. Bantayan
2. Carcar-Kabkaban Festival 2. Carcar City
3. Madridejos-Isda Festival 3. Talisay City
4. Consolacion-Sarok Festival 4. Minglanilla
5. Bantayan-Palawod Festival 5. Sibonga
6.Talisay-Halad Inasal Festival
7. Moalboal-Kagasangan Festival
8. Naga-Dagitab Festival
9. Minglanilla-Sugat-Kabanhawan Festival
10. Tabuelan-Ani-anihan Festival
11. Toledo-Hinuwalawan Festival
12. Mandaue-Panagtagbo Festival
*GRAB – By grabbing a picture, you may download, for a fee, a full-sized, non-watermarked copy of the image, with full right to use.