Bantayan’s Palawod Is 5th
Bantayan town’s Palawod Festival, with their banca and sea creatures like the fish and jellyfish, placed fifth among 31 contingents in last night’s Pasigarbo sa Sugbo Festival of Festivals at the CICC. Bantayan was a well-applauded contingent, always one of the most popular at the Pasigarbo. Bantayan also won the awards for the best andas (float), audio van, festival costume and best in street dancing. The Palawod Festival celebrates the bountiful catch of Bantayan’s fishermen who go out to the deep (lawod) where the best catch is.
The top 12 in the ritual showdown: Top 5 in street dancing:
1. Liloan-Rosquillos Festival 1. Bantayan
2. Carcar-Kabkaban Festival 2. Carcar City
3. Madridejos-Isda Festival 3. Talisay City
4. Consolacion-Sarok Festival 4. Minglanilla
5. Bantayan-Palawod Festival 5. Sibonga
6.Talisay-Halad Inasal Festival
7. Moalboal-Kagasangan Festival
8. Naga-Dagitab Festival
9. Minglanilla-Sugat-Kabanhawan Festival
10. Tabuelan-Ani-anihan Festival
11. Toledo-Hinuwalawan Festival
12. Mandaue-Panagtagbo Festival
*GRAB – By grabbing a picture, you may download, for a fee, a full-sized, non-watermarked copy of the image, with full right to use.