Grand Champ: Liloan’s Rosquillos Festival
From placing nowhere in the top 12 in previous years, Liloan’s Rosquillos Festival was suddenly the star of the night at the Pasigarbo Sa Sugbo Festival of Festivals at the CICC yesterday. The performance earned for Liloan the grand prize in the ritual showdown. It featured a Broadway-inspired number that promoted the rosquillos, invented in Liloan 105 years ago, as a delicacy soon to be marketed “from Cebu to the world.” The performance opened with a mascot baker summoning ingredients like flour, butter and water, to come together to become rosquillos. Liloan also won the award for the best festival jingle. Liloan Mayor Duke Frasco said they decided to seek the help of multi-awarded choreographer Victor Cuenco this year.
The top 12 in the ritual showdown: Top 5 in street dancing:
1. Liloan-Rosquillos Festival 1. Bantayan
2. Carcar-Kabkaban Festival 2. Carcar City
3. Madridejos-Isda Festival 3. Talisay City
4. Consolacion-Sarok Festival 4. Minglanilla
5. Bantayan-Palawod Festival 5. Sibonga
6.Talisay-Halad Inasal Festival
7. Moalboal-Kagasangan Festival
8. Naga-Dagitab Festival
9. Minglanilla-Sugat-Kabanhawan Festival
10. Tabuelan-Ani-anihan Festival
11. Toledo-Hinuwalawan Festival
12. Mandaue-Panagtagbo Festival
*GRAB – By grabbing a picture, you may download, for a fee, a full-sized, non-watermarked copy of the image, with full right to use.